Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fast food Sunday

Time to post something again...


As it was weekend, I had time to make myself a real breakfast. So I made an omelet with smoked salmon and goat's cheese. I have changed to decaf coffee, and I already feel much better. Mornings are much brighter without caffeine.


And after that lovely morning I didn't have that much time to cook, so the rest of the day is an example of my "fast food". Something that I can cook for the family in an hour. This time we had roasted duck and Brussels sprouts. The duck is "from the freezer to the oven" ready product and the sprouts were also frozen. My portion looks small, because it is small. I wasn't very hungry.

That is something I learned after I started my low carb diet. Previously I couldn't recognize hunger anymore. Now I can be satisfied with smaller portions, because my body tells me what is enough. Previously I made the portion according to the taste of the food, not according to how much I needed to eat.


More fast food for dinner. Frozen broccoli and cauliflower and turkey bratwurst with mayo and ketchup. That ketchup is the only light product that I allow in our fridge. It has less sugar than the normal ones.


Before I went to bed I wanted to have a night snack. I had some left over beef broth from yesterday, so I warmed it in the microwave oven and sipped it away. Tasty.

I was wondering that this would be more fun with recipes, so I might start posting those in the future. I don't cook from recipes, so I have to start writing them down as I cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment