Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cheesy Monday


A busy morning. My fast and easy breakfast is usually about 100 grams of different types of cheese. Here we have gouda, brie and goat's cheese. And coffee in my son's Moomin Troll mug. One just has to love the Moomin Trolls.


Fast and easy luch, when I don't have to cook for the family (they were at work and in the kindergarten). Peas in cheese. I warm some frozen peas in the microwave oven and mix in a chunk of butter and about 50 grams of goat's cheese. When the cheese has melted I add some tarragon, salt and pepper and eat it. The peas contain a little bit too much carbs for me, so I have to be carefull not to make the portion too big.


For dinner I made my much liked salmon soup, even though I didn't have enough spinach and my soup ended up being too white. In the picture it looks yellow, I propably messed up the color settings in my camera. I even wrote down the recipe for you!

Smoked salmon and spinach soup by Elisheva

- butter (a lot of it)
- 100g chopped spinach
- 400g mushrooms cut to bite size pieces.
- 200-300g cold smoked salmon
- 7-8dl cream (30-38% fat)
- 200g mild medium hard cheese (like gouda or emmental, grated or in slices, you can also use softer cheeses. Brie seasoned with herbs works very well too. What ever you happen to have.)
- salt
- pepper
(water)

- Let the butter melt in the pot and add the mushrooms. Fry them lightly, do not let them brown.
- Add the spinach and the salmon, fry lightly, so that the salmon will break to flakes. You can leave it to bigger chunks if you like.
- Pour in the cream, bring to boil.
- Add the cheese and let it melt while mixing. It should make the soup a little bit thicker.
- Add water if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve

This soup is loved by all of my friends and family. It is very filling and tasty. You can leave the mushrooms out if you like, they are there only to add something that one can bite. If you are afraid of fat, don't even think about this soup or it'll give you nightmares. But for us low-carbers this is very tasty indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment